Hearsay Social Engage Product Limitations
Intent: This document is created in order to highlight some parameters for current usage of the Hearsay Social Engage Product for End-Users
- Searching Content:
The content library search bar function will search the body of the post, the link headline (if available), but it will not search the link URL or tag.
- Copying-and Pasting:
Our publishing window requires some keystrokes entered in order to publish. If copying-and-pasting post copy, please be sure to add and delete a character to activate the “Publish” option.
- Shortened URLS:
If an organization has an attached URL shortening account, a user cannot create and publish content with pre-shortened URL.
- Mass Publishing
It is not possible to publish content en masse outside of Campaigns.
- Video Publishing
Hearsay Social will not display a “Play” button in the center of a video thumbnail.
- Image Publishing:
.GIF files are an approved format, but will not be uploaded as moving files. Instead, a still image will be published.
- Long-form publishing:
We do not currently support LinkedIn Long-Form Publishing, only LinkedIn updates.
@Mentions and tagging is only currently possible on Twitter.
- Facebook Business Page Publishing
Linking to your Facebook Business page in a post is not recommended, as Facebook will link to an authentication screen.
Ad Account Connection
- In order to utilize Facebook Ads on Hearsay Social, users must have an ad account set up on Facebook with a payment method established.
- It is also recommended that a user publish from Hearsay Social at least once before connecting a Facebook Ad account.
- Signals will remain in our system for thirty days.
- LinkedIn social signals are available to LinkedIn Premium account holders (Sales Navigator and Business Plus) only.
- Facebook social signals are available for those organizations that wish to participate in Facebook’s Opt-In requirement.
- One can “Delete” items through Hearsay for Facebook and Twitter; however, one can only delete LinkedIn posts natively.
- Private messages cannot be sent through Hearsay Social.
Facebook is currently taking more deliberate steps to protect the privacy of user data; as such, they have limited access to Facebook feed information. The lack of feed activity in the Activity tab reflects this change.
It is expected that LinkedIn connection updates will appear in the activity feed, but not LinkedIn Company page updates.
- Contacts are derived from your network, as well as users who have engaged with your published content (liked, commented etc.).
- It is not a recommended practice to connect two or more accounts from the same social network to a Hearsay Social Workspace. Hearsay Social will not be able to differentiate between data derived from two or more accounts from the same network (contacts, metrics etc.).
- If a user connect more than one LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter account to a Hearsay Social our system will not be able to differentiate between any two accounts from the same network.
- LinkedIn Primary Email address requires native, LinkedIn verification.
- LinkedIn provides API access to recommendations received by users, but not by those given by the user to others. Whether this is publicly accessible can be adjusted on LinkedIn.
- Websites must begin with http:// or https://
- Workspace owners cannot invite workspace members into their environment until they have attached an account with publishing permissions. This will result in an “insufficient permissions” error.
- Invitations expire after thirty days of inaction.
- Invitations may be limited by your organization’s domain.
- LinkedIn connection tokens expire annually; and so, users will be prompted to reconnect at least once a year.
- Connection tokens will also expire when a username/password change is made on the native site.