Creating an Event (Sites)
You can create events for your Hearsay Site, enabling your audience to respond either by telephone, email, or a 3rd party link.
NOTE: This article contains visual media. If you are viewing this article via our Web Widget, please click the button at the top-right corner, to the right of this Help Center article's title, to view this content.
You can see which Events are on your Site by clicking on the Events tab.
Events are grouped by their status in the review/publication cycle:
- Published: Events that have been successfully approved and published.
- Pending Approval: Events that are awaiting approval from your organization.
- Denied: Events that were denied approval by your organization.
To filter the list of events by their approval status by selecting the appropriate status at the top of the Events tab.
Create a New Event
Select the New Event button to create a new event. The following fields can be populated for a new event:
- Title: The name of the Event.
- Where: The location of the event.
- Date: Start date and time of the event.
- End Date: If there is an end date and time, select the Has End Time checkbox, a popup will display to enter the event end information.
- Description: A message or link for the event.
- Event Image: The option to upload a photo related to the event.
- RSVP: Select if and how guests should indicate if they are attending the event.
- Social Accounts: here you will select the site to which this event should be published.
Based on your organization's social media policy, once an event has been created the user will be presented with a request to approve the event or the ability to publish it.
Edit an Event
To edit an event, click the event to edit. The publisher will open and the event can be edited. Depending on your organization's policy, you may need to request approval to publish an event that has been edited.