You can create events for your Hearsay Site, enabling your audience to respond either by telephone, email, or a 3rd party link.
Click on your desired section for more information.
Create a New Event
1. Log in to Hearsay and select Event from the Web Media section in the left navigation bar.
2. Select the Create an Event button at the center of the page or New Event in the top-right to create a new event. The following fields can be populated for a new event:
- Title: the name of the event
- Where: the location of the event (physical address or link to virtual event
- Location Title: display name (optional)
- Description: include a message or link for the event
- Event Image: option to upload a photo related to the event
- Start Time: start date and time of the event (defaults to your time zone in Hearsay but will display on your site in the local time zone of the viewer)
- End Date Toggle: If turned on, select the end date and time
- Accounts: select the site to which this event should be published
- RSVP: select how guests should indicate if they are attending the event (email, registration link, phone number, or form submission)
3. Click the Publish button at the bottom right to create the event. When you click Publish, you are attesting that you maintain the rights to any images you've uploaded. Based on your organization's social media policy, you may need to request to approval to publish the event. Select the dropdown next to the Publish button to request approval or the Request Approval button.
- When you create an Event for your site, the time you choose will assume the time is in the time zone you set in your Hearsay User Settings. To view or edit your time zone preference, go to Settings > User Settings in the top right corner of the Hearsay platform.
- When you view an Event on your Hearsay dashboard, it will also show the time in your selected time zone.
- Once an Event is published on your site, visitors to your website will see the time displayed in the time zone of the visitor's browser.
Edit an Event
1. To edit an event, click on the event post to edit.
2. The publisher will open and the event can be edited. Depending on your organization's policy, you may need to request approval to publish an event that has been edited. Once complete, click Update or Request Approval.
View Event Status
You can see which Events are on your Site by clicking on the Events tab under Web Media in the left-hand side menu.
Events are grouped by their status in the review/publication cycle:
- Published: Events that have been successfully approved and published.
- Expired: Events that took place in the past.
- Pending Approval: Events that are awaiting approval from your organization.
- Denied: Events that were denied approval by your organization.
To filter the list of events by their approval status by selecting the appropriate status under Event Library.