Billing/Event Text Message Reminders
Hearsay Relate Reminders utilize automation and proactive workflows to allow advisors and agents to send timely, high value texts to their clients. This feature, specially developed for financial services, was built to help advisors, agents and their team members schedule and automate reminders to drive client engagement and activity across their entire book of business.
In this workflow, Hearsay Messages Reminders allow advisors and agents the ability to proactively schedule high value reminder text messages to clients for:
• Policy Lapse Notices
• Annual Reviews
With this feature, field advisors can easily upload a CSV file (which is a spreadsheet template in the file format of .csv) for their customers through the web application and Hearsay Messages will automatically generate texts based off of the information contained in this CSV. If the advisor has a client that has not yet opted in to use Hearsay Messages, the first message sent will be the opt-in message.
NOTE: This article contains visual media. If you are viewing this article via our Web Widget, please click the button at the top-right corner, to the right of this Help Center article's title, to view this content.
How to Schedule a Messages Reminder
- Click on the Reminder tab at the top of your Messages page.
- Click on the "Import CSV" button.
- Select the Reminder that you would like to schedule. There are currently six that you can choose from: Billing Reminder, Birthday Reminder, Policy Lapse, Anniversary Reminder, Annual Review.
- Download the CSV Template by clicking on "Download CSV Template."
- Fill in the client information on the template.
- Upload the complete template to Messages by either dragging and dropping the file into the Upload your completed CSV template box or clicking "Select File," and selecting the file from the pop-up window.
- Double-check that the information you have is correct.
- OPTIONAL: Edit and personalize the messages.
- Click "Continue."
- Within a few minutes, your Reminder texts should be scheduled and appear on your profile.
Important Things to Keep In Mind
• This functionality is not available on the Mobile app.
• If a contact has not opted-in, the message will ask the contact to do so.
• There is no limit to the number of contacts that you can upload.
• All messages sent via the Messages Reminders will be available in the conversation history.
• All standard archiving and supervision workflows apply to Messages Reminders.
Who has access to this feature?
This feature will be on by default and on for all organizations. Emails will be triggered when there are partial failures for the CSV file uploaded.
What file formats can be used to upload client data into Reminders?
At this time, we can only upload this data through CSV. PDFs and other formats are not supported.
Are admins able to customize templates based on these uploads? Is this possible today?
No, this is not supported in the product today, but we are looking to add this feature in 1H.
What is a CSV file?
A CSV file is a spreadsheet template in the file format of .csv. To save your file in the .csv format:
1. Go to File > Save As.
2. Under "Save as type," choose CSV (Comma delimited).
3. Click Save.