If permitted by your compliance team, you'll be able to create your own email content that you can share or schedule to your book of business.
NOTE: This article contains visual media. If you are viewing this article via our Web Widget, please click the button at the top-right corner, to the right of this Help Center article's title, to view this content.
- Click Compose Email in the top-right corner of your Hearsay Mail workspace.
- Click Write Your Own.
- Enter in the name of a contact or group list of contacts.
- You will now have the ability to create and customize your email.
- Subject: This text provides the subject line of the message to be sent.
- Body: This text provides the content of the email you are sending and can include images, text and links.
- Pro Tip: Text can be added below your organization's legal disclaimer message at the bottom of the email.
- Add a Showcase Link: Selecting this option allows you to enter a URL to direct the reader to. Once you enter the URL and click Save, a thumbnail image and description will be generated. The image and the URL link can be edited by hovering over current showcase link information.
- Pro Tip: If a user clicks your showcase link, or another link within your email, this will be highlighted in the Performance sections of your account.
- Add an Image: Selecting this option allows you to upload an image to your message. Once the image is uploaded you can either replace it with a Showcase Link or another image by hovering over the current image.
- Add a GIF: Admins and advisors can add animated GIFs to their emails. This helps increase email engagement rates by making the content more fun and lively. Inserted GIFs will appear inline and animations will start automatically.
- Insert Variable: Once selected, a dropdown will show both Contact and Agent variables available for pre-population within the piece of content being created, including both the subject line and body of the email.
- Pro Tip: Variables enable your content to become more personalized and direct.
- Preview Email: Preview how the email will appear to your recipient(s) within the New Email tool.
- Test to Yourself: Send the email to yourself to view it in your personal inbox.
Create a Template
Users can create their own templates that they can reuse while compliance supervision ensures that any such templates adhere to rules and regulations.
On the library page, click the blue “Create Your Template" button to get started.
After submitting a template for approval, the user can check the status through the new Email & Template Status view:
As shown, this displays both emails and templates and covers the following statuses:
- Pending Approval (Emails & Templates)
- Denied (Emails & Templates)
- Scheduled (Emails)
- Sent (Emails)
For each status, there is a corresponding action in the far right column for the user to take. This can include actions like fixing a denied template or email or unscheduling an email.
Q: What happens if an agent makes an edit to an already approved email template?
A: While it is configurable by organization, it is designed to go back through supervision to ensure compliance.