Hearsay Relate Reminders utilize automation and proactive workflows to allow advisors and agents to send timely, high value texts to their clients. This feature, specially developed for financial services, was built to help advisors, agents and their team members schedule and automate reminders to drive client engagement and activity across their entire book of business.
In this workflow, Hearsay Messages Reminders allow advisors and agents the ability to proactively schedule high value reminder text messages to clients for:
- Billing Reminders
- Policy Lapse Notices
- Annual Reviews
With this feature, field advisors can easily upload a CSV file (which is a spreadsheet template in the file format of .csv) for their customers through the web application and Hearsay Messages will automatically generate texts based off the information contained in this CSV. Your contact must first consent to communicate via text messaging. If the advisor has a client that has not yet opted in to use Hearsay Messages, ensure the client has opted in for text messages before scheduling reminders.
How to Schedule Reminder Messages
1. Log into Hearsay on your computer, and from the Conversations section, click Text Message or Message & Call from the left navigation bar.
2. Click Reminders. Then select the reminder that you would like to schedule. There are currently five that you can choose from: Billing Reminder, Birthday Reminder, Policy Lapse, Anniversary Wishes, Appointment Reminder.
3. Select the Reminder type, then download the .CSV template by clicking on "Download Spreadsheet Template."
4. Fill in the client information on the template. Required fields will be listed in row 1 that correspond to the category you chose. Fill in the data appropriately and remember you can include 1 contact, 10 contacts, 100 contacts or even your entire book of business in this form. Once finished, save the changes in Excel and return to Hearsay.
5. Upload the complete template to Reminders by either dragging and dropping the file into the Upload your completed CSV template box or by clicking Select File and selecting the file from your computer. Once the .CSV has uploaded, you’ll be brought to a preview page which will list the first 3 contacts in your file. If Hearsay is unable to recognize a column, simply assign it by clicking the drop-down menu and assign accordingly.
6. Double check that the information you have is correct.
7. OPTIONAL: Edit and personalize the messages.
8. Click Continue.
Within a few minutes, your Reminder texts should be scheduled and appear on your profile.
Important Things to Keep In Mind
- This functionality is not available on the Mobile app.
- If a contact has not opted-in, the message will ask the contact to do so.
- There is no limit to the number of contacts that you can upload.
- All messages sent via the Reminders will be available in the conversation history.
- All standard archiving and supervision workflows apply to Reminders.
Q: Who has access to this feature?
A: This feature will be on by default and on for all organizations. Emails will be triggered when there are partial failures for the CSV file uploaded.
Q: What file formats can be used to upload client data into Reminders?
A: At this time, we can only upload this data through CSV. PDFs and other formats are not supported.
Q: Are admins able to customize templates based on these uploads? Is this possible today?
A: No, this is not supported in the product today, but we are looking to add this feature in the future.
Q: What is a CSV file?
A: A CSV file is a spreadsheet template in the file format of .csv. To save your file in the .csv format:
- Go to File > Save As.
- Under "Save as type," choose CSV (Comma delimited).
- Click Save.