Social Network Resources
Tools, tutorials and guides on how to best to use Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter & Instagram.
Creating Content for Instagram
Instagram is an image-first social network which requires images in specific aspect ratios. In this article, we'll walk through how you can publish content to Instagram from both the Mobile and Web experience in Hearsay Social.
(Recommended) Creating Content via the Hearsay Social Mobile App
Creating Content for Instagram via the Hearsay Social Web UI
Instagram Image Restrictions/Assistance
- Posts are limited to 2,200 characters. If a user exceeds these limits, they will be presented with an error message which reads, "Your message is too long. Instagram messages can be up to 2200 characters long. Please shorten your message and retry."
- Only one photo can be published to Instagram from Hearsay at a time.
- Photo aspect ratios must be between any of the following 3 ratios:
1. Square - 1:1 ratio
- Any size square image or video (same width and height)
- 600 x 600 pixels
- 800 x 800 pixels
- 1200 x 1200 pixels
2. Portrait - 4:5 ratio
- An image that is slightly taller than it is wide
- 600 x 900 pixels (aspect ratio 0.67)
- 800 x 1000 pixels (aspect ratio 0.8)
- 1200 x 1500 pixels (aspect ratio 0.8)
3. Landscape - 1:91:1
- An image that is significantly wider than it is tall
- 800 x 600 pixels (aspect ratio 1.33)
- 1200 x 800 pixels (aspect ratio 1.5)
- 1500 x 1200 pixels (aspect ratio 1.25)
NOTE: This article contains visual media. If you are viewing this article via our Web Widget, please click the button at the top-right corner, to the right of this Help Center article's title, to view this content.