When texting a contact for the very first time, you will need to send a disclaimer attestation message. This allows your contact to choose whether they wish to continue communicating with you via this channel, by opt-ing out of the conversation at any time. The disclaimer attestation message is only sent once, at the very beginning of your very first conversation with your contact, and does not expire. Directly after, you can begin texting your contact using your own custom language without the contact needing to respond YES. Your contact can opt out of the conversation at any time by responding STOP.
For desktop, watch the video below:
How to send the Disclaimer (Implied Opt-In) Message:
- To send the disclaimer attestation message, log into Hearsay Relate and select Message & Call or Text Message from the left navigation bar.
- Click the New Conversation button.
- Enter in the phone number or name of a contact at the top.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Ask Now.
- A preview of the disclaimer attestation message will appear. Click Send, and the disclaimer attestation message will be sent to your contact.
- Once the message is delivered, the bottom of the screen will unlock you can begin sending additional text messages.