If you change your personal phone number and utilize Hearsay Relate for incoming/outgoing business phone calls, you'll want to make sure the proper number is listed for call forwarding. This way, all incoming Relate calls will prompt your personal phone to ring, all while under the veil of your business phone number.
Note: If you are utilizing a landline number for Hearsay Relate, you will only be able to make outbound phone calls when using the application. Inbound phone calls can only be answered using your physical landline phone.
To verify your Device Number:
- Open the Hearsay Relate App.
- Tap the Settings tab.
- Tap Device Number.
- Enter in your personal phone number.
- You will be prompted to either receive a verification call or text that will include an authentication number.
- Receive the communication and enter in the authentication number when prompted. This provides confirmation that you have physical ownership of your phone number.
NOTE: This article contains visual media. If you are viewing this article via our Web Widget, please click the button at the top-right corner, to the right of this Help Center article's title, to view this content.
Q: How do I remove my call forwarding number?
A: Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings in the Relate mobile app.
- Under the Incoming Relate Calls section, Device Number.
- Tap Remove device number.
- Tap Remove.
Q: What does skipping setup or removing my call forwarding number do?
A: If you remove your call forwarding number, you will no longer be able to place outgoing calls from the Relate application with your Relate number. Attempting to use voice calling features within the app will prompt you to set up your call forwarding number. Clients who call your Relate number will hear an audio message that this number is not receiving calls. You are able to reconfigure call-forwarding in the future via the settings outlined above.