Inviting Staff/Delegates to Text on Your Behalf
Within the desktop experience for Hearsay Relate, workspace owners have the ability to invite their staff to text on their behalf. To accomplish this, the workspace owner will need to:
- Log into Hearsay Relate on their desktop.
- Click their user panel in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Workspace Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, enter in the staff member's email address and click Invite.
- Their staff member will receive an invitation in their inbox. Inside, the staff member will need to click the blue Accept Invitation button. This will grant them access into the workspace.
For a brief demonstration, please review the following video:
Visual Annotations for Owners and Members
When viewed within Hearsay Relate:
- Messages sent by the workspace owner are reflected in blue.
- Messages sent by a workspace member are represented in green.
- Text messages YOU send will have You annotated above them.
- Text messages sent by another person on your team will have <Workspace Member Name" on behalf of <Workspace Owner Name> annotated above them.
Hearsay Relate as it appears in desktop:
Hearsay Relate on Mobile:
Please note that the contact receiving text messages will not see these differentiators on their personal device:
Team Texting Identification
If enabled for your organization, text attribution adds an assistant's name to a text that is sent by them. When an assistant sends a message through Relate, their first name and last initial (ex. Amanda M.) will be added to the message as shown in the example below. The assistant’s name is pulled from the name for the user account associated with the workspace they are in. This will show in the text sent to the client, indicating to the client that a member of the workspace owner’s staff has responded to the message.
Q: Does this apply only to assistants in a workspace or will the workspace owner’s name be put in parentheses as well?
A: This applies only to assistants. This behavior does not occur for workspace owners.
Q: Is this available at the point of attestation?
A: No, this will only display for messages sent after the attestation message is sent.
Q: Will it apply to previous text messages or only messages moving forward?
A: This will not be applied retroactively. It will apply only to messages that are sent after the setting is enabled.
Q: Is the name considered “plain text” or part of the SMS that’s being sent?
A: The attribution name is considered part of the SMS that is being sent.