Tips & Tricks
Hearsay Relate Best Practices and FAQ
- Add your Hearsay Relate number to your business card and email signature. Once you have installed the app and retrieved your new Hearsay Relate number, add the number to your business card and email signature to let clients know what number to text.
- Add an event to your calendar. If you send a text that includes a date and time, the date and time will become a link. Click the link and click Add Event to Calendar to add the meeting to your calendar. You can specify the event name, location and time.
- Schedule a text reminder. To remind a client about an upcoming meeting, schedule a text reminder so that the person is notified in advance of the meeting. There are two ways to do this:
- If you send a text that includes a date and time, the date and time will become a link. Click the link and click Schedule a Text Reminder. From there, you can customize the reminder message and select a day and time for when you want that text delivered to your contact.
- At the bottom of the app interface, click Scheduled and then click Schedule Text Reminder. Type in your contact’s name and then write a reminder message. You can select a day and time for when you want that text delivered to your contact.
Q: Will my contacts/clients need to download the app as well?
A: No. The experience on the consumer side is the same as any other text conversation.
Q: Is there any cost associated with downloading the app or getting an updated version?
A: No, there is no cost associated. The initial download and consequent available updates are free in the Apple Store and Google Play Store.
Q: Are there pre-packaged text messages available for me to send to a contact?
A: When you receive a text from a contact, Hearsay Relate will display three Quick Reply texts that you can use to answer your contact.
Q: Do Text Reminders go to just my contact or to me as well?
A: Text Reminders are only sent to your contact. If you want to receive a calendar notification about an upcoming event, simply add the event to your calendar and set up calendar notifications.
Q: Can I make/receive phone calls?
A: Yes, Hearsay Relate supports both making and receiving phone calls.