Social Network Resources
Tools, tutorials and guides on how to best to use Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter & Instagram.
Creating a Facebook Business Page
What is a Facebook Page?
Facebook offers all users of its platform the ability to create a Facebook Business Page for free. Facebook business pages can be connected to Hearsay and allow you to publish and schedule content to your page, as well as monitor performance and engagement, granting you visibility into when your audience is more likely to be online and interact with your business.
Creating a Facebook Page
- Log into Facebook.com
- Click the + sign in the top-right corner, referred to as the Create button.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Page.
- Enter in the name you wish to give your Facebook Business page.
- Select a category (Examples include: Financial Service, Local Business, Financial Planning, Insurance Agent, etc.)
- Describe your business in the description box.
- Click Create Page to move forward.
- Facebook will display fields where you can upload your page’s profile photo as well a cover photo. A best practice is to upload a professional headshot as a profile photo and to use a cover photo that visually represents your business with little to no text. These steps are optional and so choose to upload your profile and cover photo now, or click Save to finish the process.
- Tip: A Profile Photo is important because it helps others identify you, your business and ultimately, your brand. A profile photo is the square picture at the top of your Page’s timeline. This image also appears next to all of your Page’s posts and other activity on Facebook (e.g., when you respond to a comment).
- For next steps to take, please review the resources listed below, such as:
NOTE: This article contains visual media. If you are viewing this article via our Web Widget, please click the button at the top-right corner, to the right of this Help Center article's title, to view this content.
Next Steps: Key Elements to Include on Your Facebook Page
- In the Short Description text box, add some details about what your Page is about, for instance, who you are, what you specialize in, etc.
- Be sure to add the appropriate disclaimer, in necessary.
- Enter your Website address, if applicable.
- Choose a unique Facebook web address (also referred to as a vanity URL). This will help people find your Page.
- Note: You can only change your Facebook Page name manually (one time) if it has fewer than 200 Page “likes.” Once you surpass 200 Page “likes” you will have to apply to Facebook for a rebrand OR create a new page.
- Advertisements: If you choose to take advantage and incorporate Facebook Ads into your social media strategy, your Facebook Page name will be displayed in the “headline space” of the ad. The headline space is limited to 25 characters – therefore the shorter and more concise your Facebook Page name, the better.
- Captions: Return to your Facebook Business Page and edit the description of your uploaded profile and cover photo with relevant information about the photo. Some examples include: your name, organization, and a link to your website.
*Content subject to change based on Facebook updates and improvements.