Attestation is the process of requesting permission to text message customers or prospects. This means getting legal consent to have communication and activity monitored and retained. Opt-In is a process which puts the power in the hands of your contacts and protects you and your staff regarding telecommunication regulations.
- Personalized Opt-In: Allows the user to include a greeting message that appears prior to the opt-in message. The contact must respond YES, verbatim, in order for the user to send further text messages.
Customizing the (Opt-In) Attestation Text:
If enabled and approved by your organization, you will have the ability to customize the language included in your Opt-In message.
- Click New Conversation in the top-right corner of the your workspace.
- Type in the name or phone number of the contact you wish to text.
- You will be presented with the below screen. Type in your custom text where it says "Write your message..." to proceed.
- Once you have typed in your message, click Send. Per compliance rules, an approved consent statement will be appended with your text
- Your message will then be combined with your organization's Opt-In requirement, allowing your contact to respond YES once they are ready to text.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What happens when my contacts says STOP?
A: Once a contact writes STOP, Hearsay Relate will send a message on your behalf, letting the contact know that communication has been halted. However, the contact can respond UNSTOP to reinstate communication, and which Hearsay Relate will send a 2nd message on your behalf.