Attestation is the process of requesting permission to text message customers or prospects. This means getting legal consent to have communication and activity monitored and retained. Opt-In is a process which puts the power in the hands of your contacts and protects you and your staff regarding telecommunication regulations.
- Personalized Opt-In: This allows the user to include a greeting message that appears prior to the opt-in message. The contact must respond "YES", verbatim, in order for the user to send further text messages.
Customizing the Opt-In Attestation Text:
If enabled and approved by your organization, you will have the ability to customize the language included in your Opt-In message:
- Click New Conversation in the top-right corner of your workspace.
- Type in the name or phone number of the contact you want to text.
- You will then be presented with the below screen. Type in your custom text where it says "Write your message..." to proceed.
- Once you have typed in your message, click Send. Per compliance rules, an approved consent statement will be appended with your text.
- Your message will then be combined with your organization's Opt-In requirement, allowing your contact to respond "YES" once they are ready to text.
Q: What happens when my contacts say "STOP"?
A: Once a contact writes "STOP", Hearsay Relate will send a message on your behalf, letting the contact know that communication has been halted. However, the contact can respond "UNSTOP" to reinstate communication, and which Hearsay Relate will then send a second message on your behalf.