Sending/Resending/Customizing the Opt-In (Attestation) Text
Note: If your organization does not use the opt-in attestation process, and instead uses a disclaimer message, you will not need your user to respond 'Yes.' Instead, you will send the following message by default, and will then be able to text your contacts using custom language:
In order to compliantly text your contacts, you may need to send them the Opt-In (attestation) message displayed here, before you can begin using your own custom language.
Once your contact responds Yes will you then be able to text them using your own custom language. If the contact does not respond for 24 hours, you will be able to re-send the opt-in message again, up to 5x in total.
Resending the (Opt-In) Attestation Text:
If the contact does not respond for 24 hours, you will be able to re-send the opt-in message again, up to 5x in total. Locate your contact's conversation and tap Ask Now to re-send. This button will only reappear once 24 hours have passed since your prior attempt.
Customizing the (Opt-In) Attestation Text:
If enabled and approved by your organization, you will have the ability to customize the language included in your Opt-In message.
- Click New Conversation in the top-right corner of the your workspace.
- Type in the name or phone number of the contact you wish to text.
- You will be presented with the below screen. Type in your custom text where it says "Write your message..." to proceed.
- Once you have typed in your message, click Send. Per compliance rules, the following message will be appended with your text: "Text YES to opt-in, to opt-out text STOP. Type GETINFO for more details."
- Your message will then be combined with your organization's Opt-In requirement, allowing your contact to respond YES once they are ready to text.